Getaway driver admits to 2021 Kitty multi-million-dollar gold heist


After spending the last year on the run, Dequan King called “Titus” was on Monday hauled before the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court and plead guilty to four charges of armed robbery related to 2021 the multi-million-dollar gold heist at Wallison Enterprise at Gordon Street, Kitty, Georgetown.

King of ‘D’ Field, Sophia, Georgetown was recently nabbed by the authorities in Suriname and deported to Guyana.

He appeared before Magistrate Sherdel Isaacs-Marcus and admitted that on August 5, 2021, while, being armed with guns and in the company of others, he robbed Wallison Enterprise of $38 million in local currency and $20 million worth of raw gold, the property of Francis Santos Lumes.

He also admitted to committing armed robbery against three persons: Fernanda Carmichael of a cell phone worth $350,000; Francis Santos Lumes of gold jewellery and cash amounting to $224,000; and William Batista DaSilva of a $60,000 cell phone.

In his address to the court, King said that he was not involved in the robbery, but only transported the men since they were passengers in his taxi.

According to King, he became fearful for his life and fled to Suriname after a wanted bulletin was issued for his arrest.

However, while in Suriname, King said he was involved in a “crime” and was arrested. Due to his arrest, local authorities were notified, and King was extradited back to Guyana.

The Magistrate ordered that a probation report be prepared for King and deferred sentencing until November 21.

In August 2021, former Guyana Defence Force (GDF) Sergeant Keyon King alongside two of the company’s security officers Delroy Jackson called “Bug” and Peon Lee called “Nino Brown” were charged with the robbery.

King pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to serve three years imprisonment. Jackson and Lee pleaded not guilty to the charges and were later released on $450,000 bail.

Crime Chief, Senior Superintendent Wendell Blanhum, had told reporters that the plan was allegedly hatched by Lee, who, at the time, was the company’s Chief of Security.

The entire incident was captured on CCTV cameras. Police made a breakthrough in this investigation following the discovery of a total of $18M which was found buried in Keyon King’s backyard.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.