Murdered businessman robbed of gold jewellery, bag


Shimron Adams, the 41-year-old businessman who was shot dead on Monday night, was robbed of his gold jewellery and a shoulder bag by two men who wore surgical face masks.

Police Headquarters in a statement noted that the incident occurred at around 23:40hrs at Lot ‘H’ D’Urban and Chapel Streets, Lodge, Georgetown where Adams operated a wholesale and retail business, selling beverages.

According to a 29-year-old woman who shared an intimate relationship with Adams and was at the location when the incident occurred, Adams closed his business place at about 23:30hrs and started to pack items in a freezer.

The woman told the police that about ten minutes later, around 23:40 hrs, he man opened a zinc shutter at the front of the business for them to go out from the bottom flat.

At that point, two suspects reportedly entered the building through the said shutter and ordered Adams and the woman to lie on the ground; they both compiled.

An unarmed suspect then took off the businessman’s gold band and finger ring and ordered him to get up. The suspect then held onto the businessman’s shoulder bag and pulled at it, but Adams continued to hold onto the bag to prevent the suspect from taking it.

The other suspect, who was armed with the firearm, discharged a round at Adams, which struck him to his right abdomen; the bullet exited through his right side in the vicinity of his groin.

The businessman then reportedly released the bag and collapsed to the ground.

Police said the suspect removed the shoulder bag, picked up the businessman’s phone and the cell phone from his 29-year-old female companion.

Both suspects then escaped.

Later, the businessman was picked-up by police officers from the Anti-Crime patrol and escorted to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His body is awaiting an autopsy.

Meanwhile, it was noted that the scene was processed by ranks from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and one 9mm spent shell, along with a warhead were recovered at the scene.

Adams’s body was also examined, and it was observed that he was clad in short brown pants, a camouflage jersey, a grey vest and a pair of multi-coloured socks. His clothing was drenched with what appeared to be blood.

The area was canvassed for CCTV cameras and Police discovered that the suspects escaped on a black and white XR motorcycle.

The suspects escaped south onto Chapel Street, west onto Princes Street, and south onto St Stephen’s Street, Charlestown, where they were last seen.

The investigation continues.

1 Comment
  1. Lloyd Wilson says

    Tis a pity.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.