Four homeless after fire destroys Non Pariel house

0

A fire, electrical in origin, destroyed a flat, wooden and concrete house at Non Pariel, East Coast Demerara, leaving four people homeless.

The Fire Service reported that the cause of the fire is an electrical wire overloading, which caused the insulation to melt and subsequently ignite a foam mattress.

The incident occurred at about 17:51hrs on Friday; water tenders and a water bowser from the Melanie, Mahaica and Campbellville fire stations were immediately dispatched to the location.

The building was owned by 56-year-old Sarju Ramgobin and occupied by 26-year-old Alex Adams and his family of three.

The building and its contents were destroyed before firefighters could extinguish the flames.

Advertisement _____
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.