Louisa Row fire caused by children playing with matches

0

A Friday afternoon fire at Louisa Row, Wortmanville, Georgetown, was caused by unattended children playing with matches and a family of four is now homeless, while other families had their premises damaged.

According to a release from the Guyana Fire Service, a report of the fire at a two-storey wooden and concrete apartment building at Lot ‘C’ Louisa Row was made at around 16:06hrs.

The building is owned by Malinda Prescott.

Based on the investigation, the Fire Service said it was determined that the fire was the result of children left unattended playing with matches. The matches ignited nearby combustibles and spread to the entire apartment.

Once alerted to the fire, water tenders from the Central and West Ruimveldt fire stations were reportedly dispatched to the location.

Apartment one, located on the eastern half of the ground floor, was occupied by 48-year-old Simone Moe and her family of three. As a result of the fire, this apartment was slightly damaged by smoke and water.

Apartment two, located on the western half of the ground floor, was occupied by 37-year-old Candacy Lowe and her family of three. That apartment and its contents were destroyed, leaving four people homeless.

Apartment three, located on the eastern half of the top floor, was occupied by 35-year-old Khari George and her family of three. As a result of the fire, this apartment was slightly damaged by smoke and water.

Finally, Apartment four, located on the western half of the top floor, was occupied by 47-year-old Neil Reynolds and his family of four. As a result of the fire, this apartment and its contents were severely damaged.

Advertisement
_____
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.