Six homeless after Meten-Meer-Zorg house destroyed by electrical fire

0

An 83-year-old man and his family of five are now homeless after fire destroyed their Meten-Meer-Zorg, West Coast Demerara (WCD) house on Saturday night.

According to the release from the Guyana Fire Service (GFS), the fire which started around 23:44hrs was caused by an overloaded electrical wiring from the house ceiling.

The burnt remains of the house. (Photo: GFS/September 24, 2023)

The house was owned by Azin Azeez. He occupied the two-storey wooden and concrete house along with five other family members.

The Fire Service said two water tenders and buckets of water were used to extinguish eh fire.

Upon arrival at the scene, the building was already engulfed in flames, the GFS said.

As a result, the house and its contents were destroyed.

Advertisement _____
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.