Faulty wiring destroys Montrose house, four homeless


Four persons are now homeless after a fire caused by faulty wiring destroyed a house at Montrose, East Coast Demerara, on Saturday.

The Guyana Fire Service on Monday said the fire started at about 21:08 hrs and water tenders from the Campbellville Fire Station, Eccles Fire Station, and Fire Service Headquarters, rushed to the scene at Lot 239 Montrose.

The two-storey wooden and concrete building was engulfed in flames and despite efforts to extinguish the intense fire, the building was destroyed.

According to the Fire Service, a slack connection of live faulty electrical wiring resulted in the fire.

The fire was successfully extinguished at 22:48 hrs.

The Guyana Fire Service reminded that fire safety must be prioritised by ensuring there is proper electrical maintenance and preparation for emergencies.

1 Comment
  1. habeeb says

    DAMNED THOSE FIREFLIES…. cannot give those firefighters a break.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.