Wins for Police and Santos as Round Two of KFC Elite League commences


Round Two of the KFC Elite League Season Six got off to a sensational start with impressive victories from the Guyana Police Force and Santos at the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) National Training Centre at Providence, East Bank Demerara.

The opener saw a goalless first half between Santos, currently fifth in the standings, and Fruta Conquerors, who sit in seventh place.

However, after the interval, a transformed Santos took the pitch, with Stephon Reynolds breaking the deadlock in the 52nd minute and Andrew Simmons sealing the victory with a goal in the 85th minute.

In the second match, Guyana Police Force overcame Western Tigers with a 4-2 final score. Fans were eagerly anticipating this match-up between the Georgetown sides, who occupy third and fourth places respectively on the points table.

Guyana Police Force’s Jemar Harrigan opened the scoring in the 19th minute, but Randolph Wagner equalised for Western Tigers just three minutes later. Andrew Murray then added another for Western Tigers in stoppage time, giving them a 2-1 lead at half-time.

But the second half belonged to Guyana Police Force with Neron Barrow netting twice in the 65th and 76th minutes. Nicholas McArthur sealed the victory with a stunning goal in the 90+2 minute, securing a comeback for his team.

The final round continues on May 30 with Buxton United facing Monedderlust from 18:30h, followed by Dem Amstel taking on Ann’s Grove from 21:00h.

Both matches will be held at the National Training Centre. Monedderlust, currently ninth in the standings, will aim to improve their performance.

Leading the table is Guyana Defence Force, closely followed by Slingerz FC, with only a slight goal difference separating the two teams. The 10 Elite League teams will compete over the next three months for prize rewards of G$2,000,000, G$1,200,000, G$800,000 and G$500,000 respectively.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.