Faulty electrical wiring cause of fire at Plum Park Centre – Fire Service

0

The Guyana Fire Service in its preliminary report said the fire that gutted parts of the Children and Family Centre at Plum Park, South Sophia on Thursday is believed to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring installation, which resulted in arcing and sparking, subsequently igniting nearby combustible materials.

At approximately 10:24 hrs, the Guyana Fire Service was alerted to the building on fire at Block X Plum Park.

The two-storey wooden and concrete structure involved is owned by the Government of Guyana and occupied by the Ministry of Human Services & Social Security. The top floor of the building served as living quarters, while the ground floor was used as a storage area.

Upon arrival, firefighters observed that the top floor’s northwestern side was engulfed in flames and smoke.

By the time the blaze was extinguished, the top floor of the building was severely damaged, while the ground floor suffered severe water damage.

No one was rendered homeless due to the incident, and there were no injuries or casualties reported.

The method of extinguishing the fire involved three jets operating from Water Tender #118, with a subsequent water relay from LP#A07 utilizing an open water source.

The Fire Service would like to commend the responding ranks for their valiant efforts in containing and extinguishing the blaze in a timely manner.

Advertisement _____
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.