Reg. 6 woman did not die after receiving COVID-19 vaccine – Health Ministry

0

The Ministry of Health has rejected the claim that a 40-year-old female resident of Region Six (East Berbice- Corentyne) died after receiving her second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

According to a statement from the Health Ministry, there is patent misinformation being pedalled in relation to the COVID-19 vaccines by people in Region Six.

“The Ministry categorically rejects as mischievous and unsubstantiated claims on social media that a Resident of Region Six died on May 13 after taking the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine,” the statement said.

It further stated: “According to our records, the 40-year-old woman was administered her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on April 17 at the Skeldon Hospital and was due to return for her second on May 19, 2021.”

The News Room understands that the woman did die on May 13 but did not receive her second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

“The Ministry wishes to clarify that there is no evidence that her death is linked to the COVID-19 vaccine,” the statement emphasised.

Earlier in May, Health Minister Dr. Frank Anthony said that since Guyana rolled out its COVID-19 vaccination campaign, there has been no reported case of anyone dying after being fully vaccinated. He also noted that the Health Ministry has been closely monitoring persons who have received their first and second doses for drastic changes in their health.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.