21-Y-O man shot by cop among four who robbed security guard of motorcycle


Twenty-year-old Kwame Boyce Jnr., was among four youths who reportedly robbed a 60-year-old security guard minutes before he was shot by a police rank while attempting to escape on June 30.

According to a police report, the robbery occurred at Charles Street in Charlestown, Georgetown at about 15:20hrs on the day in question. The security guard was reportedly robbed by Boyce Jnr., and another man armed with a handgun, of his motorcycle (CL 6392), his Samsung smartphone valued at $38,000 and his wallet containing his driver’s license, ID card and $4,000 cash.

After a report was made at the Ruimveldt Police Station and a motorcycle police patrol intercepted the stolen motorcycle along with the two suspects in Rasville, Georgetown.

Kevin Mullen, 17, of Albouystown, Georgetown was captured while the other managed to escape into motorcar (PAB 3786).

The police patrol then pursued the car and intercepted the men at Plaza Bridge, South Ruimveldt, Georgetown.
According to the police report, another suspect who was armed with a gun pointed it at the ranks when a police constable shot at them, injuring Boyce Jnr.

Police said a search conducted on Kwame unearthed the security guard’s wallet and documents.

Mullen’s brother, 22-year-old Akeem Mullen, was also in the vehicle and attempted to escape but was captured in an alleyway.

The driver of the motorcar was also arrested and has been identified as 20-year-old Anfernee George of Rasville Housing Scheme.

Boyce Jnr. was taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital while the other suspects were taken to the Brickdam Police Station where Mullen was identified by another victim he reportedly robbed earlier on June 30 at Sussex Steet, Georgetown.

Boyce Jnr. had told relatives that he was liming with friends in a car at Rasville, Georgetown when he was shot.

An eyewitness who works in the area told the News Room that he was walking on the road when he observed Boyce Jnr. exiting the car and running away when he was shot.

Meanwhile, when contacted on Friday, Boyce Jnr.’s aunt Karen Yearwood said her nephew told her he was in a taxi when the police opened fire on them.

The aunt had previously said that she believed her nephew was “mistakenly” shot because he was hanging out with Akeem who was wanted by the police.

Boyce Jnr. underwent emergency surgery and spent six days in the intensive care unit (ICU) at the Georgetown Public Hospital. He remains hospitalised with damages to his lungs.

  1. Xhrp2wkb1 says

    but if you ask their relatives all of them are good boys. Model citizens and salt of the earth.

    Why wasn’t the name of the guard revealed? Would it show yet another Indian brutalized?

    1. Matthew says

      Doesn’t matter the name of the guard or the race. Time to bring back public flogging in addition to jail sentences. Wait until the plump exiled professor and the Buxton Line Top Bhai get ahold of this…….the young man will be proppaly identified as a school lad in short pants…..singing Kumbaya lustily when he was shot.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.