Food and Drug Dept. calls on water distributors to comply with requirements
The Government Analyst-Food & Drug Department (GA-FDD) on Wednesday issued a call on all water processing factories to conform to the requirements as it relates to the sale and distribution of treated water in 5 (five) gallon bottles.
In a statement, the Food & Drug Department said Manufacturers and distributors must have a valid license, which is an indicator of compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and bottles used must be properly cleaned, sanitised, labelled and sealed prior to sale and / or distribution.
Consumers are asked when purchasing treated water from various sources to ensure they are properly labelled and sealed and to report any company that fails to comply with the department’s minimal requirements as it relates to the sale of treated water to the general public.
Consumers making purchases should demand to see a valid licence issued by the Food & Drugs Department.
All premises that are involved in the processing, distribution, and sale of drinking water particularly in 5 (five) gallon bottles must be in possession of a valid Licence
Water processing factories that were licensed during the current year includes:
- Cold Zone Family Choice Purified Water
- Banks DIH Limited Ever Pure
- Demerara Distillers Limited Water World 1 & 2
- First Choice Purified Water The Water Store
- Nimbus Purified Water Inava Incorporated
- Aqua-Tic Purified Water Iceberg Purified Water
- Mora Spring Clear Waters
- Dynamic Purified Water Aqua Waters
- Pure Aqua Blue Spray
- Living Waters August Beverages Inc. House
- White Rain Purified Water
- Ultra Water
- Krystal Clear Water
- Clear Spring Water
- Crystalite Purified Water
- Jus Water Inc