Industry house destroyed by fire after gas stove left unattended


A sixth street Industry, East Coast Demerara, house was destroyed by fire late Sunday night after a lit gas stove was left unattended.

The Guyana Fire Service said the fire was reported at about 23:15 hrs Sunday.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, a two-storey wooden building was engulfed in flames and three nearby buildings were also threatened by the fire.

Firefighters at the Industry fire scene (Photo: Guyana Fire Service)

It was noted that the fire started after a lit gas stove was left unattended. The stove overheated, causing naked flames to come into contact with nearby combustible materials. Those materials caught afire and the flames spread throughout the house.

The building was destroyed by fire while the nearby structures suffered damage due to radiated heat from the building of origin.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.