Faulty wiring causes fire in Berbice, 5 homeless


Five persons are now homeless after a fire destroyed their Section A, Number 64 Village, Corentyne Berbice house.

The Guyana Fire Service reported that at 14:30hrs on Friday, it was alerted to a fire at the location.

Immediately, water tender #101 from the Corriverton Fire Station responded to the scene, where the structure involved was a two-storey wooden and concrete building.

The building, owned by Vilip Kumarnarine and occupied by 35-year-old Leonard Sandy and his family of four, was destroyed.

According to the Fire Service, the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring in the building, which resulted in arcing and sparking, subsequently igniting nearby combustibles.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.