Tuschen family loses home in fire


A family of three returned home on Saturday night to a devastating scene of their house being destroyed by a fire that is suspected to be electrical in origin.

Clint Roberts of Lot 1822 Tuschen New Scheme, East Bank Essequibo, told the News Room on Sunday that the family was at a birthday party in Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank Demerara when they received a call at about 20:15 hrs about the fire.

The house moments after the fire

Roberts, who is a mason, lived at the house with his wife, a teacher, and his four-year-old daughter. He said they are currently staying with relatives.

Roberts said the house was a wooden structure and only a light was left on. Neighbours told him that there was some sparking from a wire after the electricity fluctuated in the area and soon after the fire started.

“It was a wooden house so you know wooden house would catch faster.

“There was one light on and neighbours are saying that there was a fluctuation of current during the same period of time. And somebody else said electrical wires were sparking. I just can assume, I don’t know what the cause was,” Roberts said.

The house had several appliances and furniture which he estimated cost some $3 million, all of which were destroyed.

Anyone willing to assist the family can contact Roberts on telephone number 633 7444 or donate at his Go Fund me page:




Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.