Corentyne man in shock after home goes up in flames

0

Members of the Guyana Fire Service are investigating the circumstances surrounding a fire that has left a Corentyne man in disbelief after his two storey home went up in flames on Tuesday, November 15,2016.

News Room understands that the home was owned by 46-year-old Baijnauth Baichan of Number 69 village on the Corentyne who was not at home at the time when the fire started.

According to Baichan, he was over at a friend’s house at Number 70 village when he received a call informing him that his home was on fire. He said he immediately rushed home but when he arrived on the scene the entire house was engulfed in flames and he could not save anything from the building.

Baichan disclosed that firefighters from the Corriverton Fire Service were summoned to the scene but they too could not save the wood and concrete structure.

Meanwhile, neighbours have related that the area had experienced a power outage and it was when the power returned that they observed the fire on the building.

Baichan has estimated a loss at over $5M.

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.