4-month-old baby girl died from ‘traumatic asphyxia’

0

A post mortem examination has revealed that four-month-old baby girl Kaylee Williams died as a result of traumatic asphyxia. Traumatic asphyxia is caused by an intense compression of the chest or upper abdomen.

The post mortem was done on Thursday by government pathologist, Dr Nehaul Singh.

The News Room understands that the child’s father, 18-year-old Troy Williams, of Annandale, Essequibo Coast, was released from custody on Thursday.

Regional Commander, Woman Superintendent Crystal Robinson, said they are awaiting advise from the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) into the matter.

Little Kaylee was discovered dead in the wee hours of Sunday, with her father’s right foot found on her chest and belly. Police had reported that the father went to bed in a drunken state.

According to the police report, the baby’s mother, Tricia Atkinson, said that the father usually consumes alcohol and returns home drunk.

The mother explained that when she woke up to breastfeed Kaylee at about 01:55h that tragic night, she noticed Williams’ foot on top the child and a “whitish substance” coming out of her mouth.

Tricia woke up her husband and they rushed Kaylee to the Suddie Public Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.